Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Singapore Day 11: Aug 16

If Singapore is not the best airport, I am not sure what airport is.
Three terminals each progressively more impressive as the number of
the terminal rises. The food court at B2 of Terminal 3 is very
impressive and is always packed, even at 2 am for a snack. The
swimming pool of Crowne Plaza is well decorated with cement blocks
filled with trees. These blocks can turn into a hazard sometimes as
they are classily black.

Singapore's roads are well organized and clean. To meet my mom's
friend again, we drove to the East Coast Park. Over here a rescue/
recovery was underway for a stranded swimmer. There is a bike trail
that borders the park along the coast. Bikes and people can walk
separately on their respective paths. Although initially against my
agreement, we rented two tandem bikes for my two sisters, my mom's
friend's daughter, and me. Starting off was-interesting. I switched
with my sister to steer and we went between two light posts and a
ditch. My sister said "We are not going up that hill" And I stupidly
said "Yes we are." After awhile we got synced together and we biked
along the beautiful coast line looking at the sea full of ships.

After a tiring bike ride, we went to a japanese restaurant for lunch
on the East Coast Park. Serving plenty of sushi, teriyaki, and udon,
there should be something for everyone-even non sushi eaters for me. I
had the tonkatsu udon which included chicken katsu and gyoza. All of
the food was good, although the food was a bit too much bathed in oil.
My sisters and friend all had about 15 plates of sushi. The prices
ended up being way lower than expected which was a pleasant surprise.
Only negative, was that the bathroom didn't have toilet paper..

Saying goodbye to people is not fun, but we will probably see these
family friends next year hopefully. The next day was going to initiate
the journey to Penang, Malaysia. The trip is coming to a close super
fast with less than a week unfortunately. After Malaysia is the bay
area again, but leaving Malaysia is going to be tough. So many things
happen here quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment