Saturday, August 22, 2009

Berkeley Day 16: Aug 21

So where'd my creative spark go? What happened to the titles? Well. Blogging takes a lot longer than I expected, but its fun. I'll change the titles soon.

One of the coolest things about traveling is that you can actually technically gain time. After staying in Hong Kong for two hours, it was time for the onward flight to San Francisco. We left at 3 pm and then arrived at 11 am SFO time. Totally disoriented, zombies piled up on the customs officials.

Rental car lines were terrible. Winding back and forth, the building was packed with more tired zombies. However, thanks to my dad we get to cut the whole line and just go straight to the car, which saved us probably and hour. A deep blue mazda 3 greeted with us. It's a little bit small, but it looks cool and has really good fuel mileage. For lunch (I still don't know why we had lunch), we went to Chinatown in San Francisco and went to of all places Penang Garden Restaurant. My family chose it. (Cause we really go for repetitiveness)

The restaurant is actually very clean and outfitted nicely to give you the idea that you are in (Penang). Ironic. After coming from Malaysia, the food was actually surprisingly good here, especially the Beef Chow Fun. Although we did not get desert, if you want to go there, you should get the fried banana. It's monstrous and really good.

While the rest of the family slept, my dad and I needed to feel that we were at home, or in California. Driving, 10 miles down 880 to Oakland, we reached a n In n' Out burger. While the panda express next door seemed pretty good, we wanted fattening American stuff. Sleeping was tough. Right now everyone's asleep around me. And I'm the only one up. And I can't drive. It's 11 AM Pacific Western Time now. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment